Monday, March 15, 2010

Three Day Weekend Update


That title reminds me of the Before and After Wheel of Fortune category... how's that for an off topic start?

Lots of work was done since the last update so this might be a little long....

After a call for volunteers on my Facebook page, I had one volunteer show up to help me with my little project. So I took full advantage of an eager participant!

We started Thursday evening with a little splash of color. Giving my studio a good "vibe" with some Iron Frost tone:

We got up Friday thinking we'd jump right to the flooring but found that the first coat of paint didn't fully do the trick... so on to coat number two.


On to the floor. It's of interested to note that I'm not used to working this hard... so many breaks were had... and that's when Olsen would stop by so that he can later say that he helped too!


Next was the part we'd (I'd) been dreading... filling a round hole with a square door. Fun to be had... much frustration and engineering later... it went in. There were some tense moments when our perfectly plumb and square door wouldn't allow both doors to close at once. But with my master engineer on the job... He got it all worked out in short order.






So we got the door in (and functional), laid the floor and the transition to the tile, and painted in the course of 3 long and grueling days. We were beat a little more each day but the payoff is just around the corner.

Now accepting volunteers to come finish it up... I hate that last inch of painting up to that nice clean white ceiling!!




Thanks Papa!! Could have NEVER done it without you!!

1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOVE it--so awesome!! I can't wait to hear you play in there! The color is beautiful (or whatever works for men)....and the doors were just the right touch! Love that flooring too:) LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! Thanks, Poppie, for helping out:)

From Olsen: Bark bark grrr....WOOF! (He loves it too!)