Sunday, August 22, 2010

It ain't easy...


I've given a lot of thought about the music that I've written over the last couple years. And every time, it frustrates me to no end on why I haven't done something with it yet. I think it really boils down to wanting it to be perfect. What if these are the only 12 songs I ever write and put in place on a record? That probably won't be the case but nonetheless the fear of that happening is still paralyzing.

Tonight after cutting the grass, one of my many distractions and "things to do" that allow me an excuse as to why not to record-- I was getting cleaned up and it hit me: You're just gonna have to do it! SO I dug out my microphone. Set it up. Ran all the wires around the room that it requires to get the sound on tape and off I went. Instead of spending the evening looking at guitars thinking, "Hey that one will probably record better than the one I have now." or reseraching "Which microphone will sound just a bit better than the one I'm using?" I just put the equipment I have now to work. It was fun! It was exciting and I realize that I have a long way to go. But if I keep plugging along there's no telling what might fall out of my new completed studio.

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE that you did it:) That you sat there and started working on your songs:) I can't wait to hear more of your music!! LOVE YOU! jb

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love how far your studio has come since this last post...and I LOVE what you've created in there! You are amazing--keep sharing those gifts:) <3

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love that I'm the only one who has left comments on this post---it's been awhile since you've posted...but you've shared some new creations since!! I LOVE all your songs--and I LOVE YOU!!! <3